Terms & Conditions
Your attention is drawn to our terms and conditions of booking. Please read them carefully:
- Reservations are made on receipt of a completed booking form and a deposit of 25% of the total fee due.
- The balance of the fee is due 28 days before the start date.
- The full fee is required to secure a booking if it is made within 14 days of commencement of the activity.
- Cancellations prior to 28 days before the activity start date will result in loss of deposit only.
- Cancellations between 14 - 28 days before the activity start date will result in loss of 40% of the course fees. Thereafter no refunds can be given.
- We may be able to refund activity fees (less deposit) if your reservation is filled.
- It may be possible to re-schedule your booking to a mutually convenient date, in which case there would be no forfeiture of monies paid.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further details or to discuss your requirements.
Weather and snow conditions may require us to change, on safety grounds, the planned itinerary. Wherever possible, a mutually acceptable alternative will be negotiated with you.
What is included?
Our prices cover instruction, the use of ropes and hardware (if applicable) and also the loan of climbing harness and helmet if required. We carry a small supply of mountaineering ice axes and crampons, which may be hired for a nominal fee.
Food & Accommodation:
Is not included. Our website carries links to local hotels, B&Bs, hostels and self-catering accommodation. Please contact us if you require further assistance with obtaining suitable accommodation.
We strongly recommend that you arrange your own personal insurance cover. Suitable policies to cover these activities may be arranged through the British Mountaineering Council (BMC) website: http://www.thebmc.co.uk/insurance - amongst others.
Kintail Mountain Activities holds full Civil Liability Insurance cover through the Mountain Training Association Policy underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc and organised through brokers, Perkins Slade. Policy Number RTT254827/RSACL006628.
We regret that, under the terms of 'The Adventure Activities Licensing Regulations 2004', we are unable to accept bookings for unaccompanied young people (under the age of 18).
However, we can accept bookings for young persons who are, during their participation in the activities in question, accompanied either:
(i) by an individual who is their parent or guardian or who has parental responsibility for them within the meaning of the Children Act 1989;
(ii) by an individual who has parental rights within the meaning of the Law Reform (Parent and Child) (Scotland) Act 1986 in respect of them or, on and after the day on which section 1 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 has come into force, has parental responsibilities for them within the meaning of that section.
If you require clarification or wish to discuss this, please contact us.
Whilst we strive to maintain the highest standards of client care and safety, your attention is drawn to the British Mountaineering Council (BMC)/Mountaineering Council of Scotland (MCofS) Participation Statement:
“The BMC/MCofS recognises that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement.”